Bring Back Terminal Island Dragstrip!

fast4v

Established Member
Man...i remember drag racing there back in the day with my 91 thunderbird SC. I was great, local and sea level. Would be nice to reopen a local track again. The problem is that the city of LA/LB would rather build container terminals Then give up land for a strip

Last edited:

Krwy

Established Member
Man...i remember drag racing there back in the day with my 91 thunderbird SC. I was great, local and sea level. Would be nice to reopen a local track again. The problem is that the city of LA/LB would rather build container terminals Then give up land for a strip

Mayor Garcetti is open ears on the issue. The land is available, and this is a money making opportunity for the surrounding areas IE security company, private EMS, food vendors, performance shops etc.

IBOSR is really moving forward with the movement to get the track back.

What are we to do when Irwindale closes?

135th and Main will see more racing than usual, Mansville, Alameda, Santa Fe will also see much more racing also. Safety of innocent peolpe will be risked.

Having a place to race will keep those interested in being legal - legal. Otherwise those who want run their car, will now have to do so in an unsafe, illegal manner.

Whether it actually happens or not, at least signing the petition will show interest

fast4v

Established Member
Mayor Garcetti is open ears on the issue. The land is available, and this is a money making opportunity for the surrounding areas IE security company, private EMS, food vendors, performance shops etc.

IBOSR is really moving forward with the movement to get the track back.

What are we to do when Irwindale closes?

135th and Main will see more racing than usual, Mansville, Alameda, Santa Fe will also see much more racing also. Safety of innocent peolpe will be risked.

Having a place to race will keep those interested in being legal - legal. Otherwise those who want run their car, will now have to do so in an unsafe, illegal manner.

Whether it actually happens or not, at least signing the petition will show interest

I couldn't agree more. Would love to have a local track. I know a few guys who are running this project. I'm definitely sign this petition.

oldmodman

Established Member
It would be nice to see it return. I enjoyed running there in the 70's.

I have been watching all the tracks close since I started going to them in the 50's

And I can't even say Irwindale without gagging. The Old Irwindale was such a great operation. The new one is a joke. I was there almost every Wednesday night. And I could rent the entire track for testing for $35.00 on a weekday.

Times sure have changed.

How many SoCal dragstrips do you remember?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
It would be nice to see it return. I enjoyed running there in the 70's.

I have been watching all the tracks close since I started going to them in the 50's

And I can't even say Irwindale without gagging. The Old Irwindale was such a great operation. The new one is a joke. I was there almost every Wednesday night. And I could rent the entire track for testing for $35.00 on a weekday.

Times sure have changed.

How many SoCal dragstrips do you remember?

Wait, how old are you? You didnt participate in quarter horse racing down pico blvd did you? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread