Brights & e-brake light question

Jetskiracer113

Established Member
Ok so I have two quick questions.

1. Whenever I turn my lights on, the brights symbol on my gauge cluster lights up, no matter if the brights are on or not. And this is where it gets kind of confusing, when you put the brights lever into the position farthest away from you, the normal lights come on. and the two positions closest to you turn the brights on. Is there a way to restore it so the normal lights are in the original middle position?

2. I drove my car in the rain tonight and whenever i depressed the brake kind of hard, the e-brake light on the gauge cluster would light up. Why is that?

Thank you for your help!

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
1. has it always done this, or just started? if so, quick guess is the multi-function switch is bad/has a internal short. without troubleshooting it, kinda hard to tell. but thats where i would start

2. check your brake fluid level in the master cyl. if its really low, you either need some new pads, front or rear, or both... or you have a small leak. might have a problem with the e-brake switch at the handle, but check the fluid first

Users who are viewing this thread