Brightest head light bulbs?

cobra707

Established Member
What is the brightest head light bulbs u can by for a 2001 cobra? Also what is brighter the white,blue or purple? Are HID kits really worth it or can u get good light by just the bulbs. Post up make and part numbers thanks.:beer:

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
HID kits are worth it IMO. I don't have them in my car, but plan on it. As far as bulbs are concerned I went through a couple brands and found the Sylvania Silverstar Ultras to be the brightest. I have them in my car and am very happy with them. Much better than what I had last.

Sny714

Established Member
I went to Sylvania Silverstar ultras and it was an improvement over stock. Then I went to HID 5000k and that was a major improvement, and it made me wish I didnt spend the $50 on the Sylvanias in the beginning.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
The color of the light doesn't negate the brightness of it. In fact, the higher the temperature of the bulb, the less actual light output you get from it. The purple bulbs (10000k-12000k) would put out less light than a bulb of a lesser temperature. I have an 8000k 55w HID kit in my car, and I love it. I would stick with anywhere from 4300k (bright white) to an 8000k (blueish). A 55w kit will wash out some of the color, so keep that in mind when purchasing.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
^^^ You have the HIDs in the fogs as well??? Where did you end up getting yours from? There's a lot of vendors selling HIDs but some are nothing more than JUNK!!!

No fogs as of yet. I may end up getting them later on. I just have the single beam kit as well (no high beams). I got my kit from ddmtuning.com. It was like $90.00 shipped, and thats with everything you need to install plus the 55w upgrade. I think if you just went with the 35w kit, it would only be around 70 or so shipped.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
HID's FTW!!! Dont waste your time on Silverstars, for $20 more you can get a set of HID's on e-bay.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
lets keep in mind that our projector headlights are not set up for HIDs and therefore will scatter light like a mofo.

Furthermore, it should be noted that with most kits, you lose your high beams.

Users who are viewing this thread