Bright Yellow Warning Stickers on Visors

CobraEd

Established Member
We have a dark charcole interior. Problem is those damn neon yellow warning stickers on both sun visors. Have any of you found a way to remove them without leaving the glue residue, or a way of covering them up nicely?

Ed

mosconiac

Established Member
I'd like to know too.

I've been very tempted to just give 'em a tug, but I don't want to end up with a tacky residue or torn up stickers still hanging up there.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I've heard from others that have tried to "pull them off" and it wasn't pretty. I'd say don't do that from what I've heard. You'd be better off just covering the visors in some elastic fabric.

CobraEd

Established Member
good idea

I have been thinking that if I could get the fabric, I could wrap a rectangular piece of plastic or metal with it and then glue it over the stupid yellow stickers. I just couldnt think of where to get the fabric, BUT, . . . . an auto interior shop would definately have the stuff!! Great idea!

Thanks
Ed

Rickster

Established Member
STICKER

THE STICKERS WERE NOT MADE TOP COME OFF. THEY ARE PART OF THE CAR...UNFORTUATELY.

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
The L guys have done it, that's where I first heard of people doing it. Some did it at home with a spare set of visors to get fabric from. You just use the fabric from one to do the other. You could try searching the Lightning forum of f150online.com or the forum at NLOC.net.

Boomer

Established Member
I seen on a PT snoozer web site they make a decal to cover the warning label. ya think you can find anyone that make 1's for the stang???noooooooo,lol

bob white

I can help you guys out, I need the measurement of the rectangle
or square, check out www.bobwhitedecals.com I am the owner
and I may be able to help you out with a block out vinyl and maybe a cobra or the cobra lettering over the blockout..two color vinyl is what I mean, one color for the block out and another color for the cobra...let me know
Bob White

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Hey, anyone think I could get a few more HP if I cover it up with a NOS sticker? Can't ruin my warranty ya know.....

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Hey Bob,

It's a wierd size, but it's a rectangle with radiused edges. It's screenprinted into the fabric so it's non-removable. The dimensions are 4 9/16 by 2 1/8...that's four and nine-sixteenths by two and an eighth, just in case.

Let us know what you come up with, I'd be interested.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
i was actually planing to print out stickers with a cool cobra logo or something like that at home. can't believe none of you guys thought of that... : )

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Ok...

On my 2001 I removed these stickers. Used a hair dryer to heat them up a bit and then peeled them back. It will "rough up" the nap on the area that it was afixed to. So you can see where the stickers used to be.

That didn't bother me as I had a sticker made up to go in place of it.

I will be putting the same in my 2003. Got 'em made.. just haven't had the time to get 'em in.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
ArizonaSnake <<<----GREAT JOB!! pretty cool design too!
i'll make sure to put that on my coming cobra....if you dont mind?
thanks..

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
JMIR,
They are a thinner material than the original but looked pretty cool. You are welcome to the design or I can have them made locally and mail them to you. Cost $20 plus shipping.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
actually, if its not to much trouble please do.. pm you address and i'll send you the cash.
thanks
damn..spending money on a car i yet dont have. : )

Users who are viewing this thread