Bridgestone tires

Tyler72

Established Member
Anybody on here run the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 pole position tires?

I'm gonna try to buy a new set of tires before the 50th mustang anniversary. I had decided on the Michelin pilot super sports, but availability is limited & the Bridgestone's are on sale.

If you are running a set, post up & let me know what you think about them!

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I run them and have been pretty happy with them (285/35/19). Use for DDing and HPDE's without any issues. Definitely a great tire for the price and better in the wet than the RE11's though I dont know how they'd compare to PSS. I personally cant stomach a $400 premium for Michellins.

Last edited:

KBBoss302

Established Member
Without having 1st hand experience with the S-04s. I think that going from P Zero Corsas to the S-04 would be a huge grip downgrade. I do have a Laguna also and am contemplating new tires myself. Perhaps look at the Bridgestone RE-11s or even the BFG Comp 2s if you want streetable tires with decent grip that are reasonably priced.

It is unfortunate that there aren't better options for us, especially considering that the CTS-V runs the same size tires so there should be a decent market.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
Be sure to pay close attention to the tire category that you are comparing. If you have the CORSA tire, you are talking about a streetable race tire. It is an R-compound tire which can attribute for the majority of the lap time difference from the standard boss/GT cars at the track in initial published articles. The likes of the Toyo R888... and other streetable race tires.

The Bridgestone RE-11 is an EXTREME performace tire, so more dry but at the cost of wet traction. Dunlop Direzza DZII, Yokohama AD-08/08R, Kumho XS, etc.

The you have the MAX performance category. That is where you find the S04, the Mi pilot super sport, etc.

The Michelin Pilot Super sport is the best all around tire money can buy. Not as fast as the CORSA, or likely not as fast (while being consistant... you might have 1 out of 4 laps really close to the RE-11, but not near as good of an average) as the RE-11.... but with wet and dry considered its the fastest combined tire.

The S04 though, on many of TR (Tire Racks) test as well as Motor Trend, Consumer Reports, etc like it for the second spot. I am installing on my new BOSS wheels this spring... I had the stock 19's Pirellis on last fall. I have not driven the S04 on my mustang yet but I have driven them on the track here with the 3 series BMW's during our tests and liked them. For the money, I could not justify the PSS, even though it is FAST its also more firm of a ride than the S04, and since I am a DD car I didn't want the extra expense as well as more firm ride characteristics.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Put S04 245/45/19's on my front Forgestar CF5's 2 weeks ago and love them! Comfy ride and stick nicely!

Users who are viewing this thread