Brembo's or Powerslots?

Babbit

Established Member
I have decided to upgrade to slotted rotors but not sure if I should go with the Brembo's or pay a little more for the Powerslots.

I am also considering the dimpled Powerslots.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks people.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Don't get the dimpled/drilled ones as they work as cheese-graters to your brake pads. They also do you NOTHING except look cool. If you really want something to increase your braking ability, get the slotted ones. They've been proven to work better than the drilled rotors and will NOT crack on ya.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I have brembo drilled and slotted rotors and they have been great so far. Plus they look so much better than slotted imho.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Don't get the dimpled/drilled ones as they work as cheese-graters to your brake pads.

I thought i was the only one that thought this.

I don't see anything wrong with stock rotors. They've stopped me from sliding through intersections plenty of times!! thank God for ABS!! *err* *err* *err* *err* *err* :rockon:

Babbit

Established Member
I know I didn't want crossdrilled because of the chances of cracking. Last thing I wanna do is spend $500+ on brakes and have a rotor crack.

I am probably gonna get them from Tirerack as they seem to have the best prices. The Brembos are $280 for the front pair and 238 for the rear pair. The Powerslots are $129 ea. for the front and $135 ea. for the rear. (Why are the rears more?)

I havent seen better prices than that. If anyone else has, let me know.

They also have the Hawk pads. ($89 for the front and $59 for the rear)

Black98Cobra, just for your info, Brembo doesn't make crossdrilled/slotted rotors, its either one or the other.

Babbit

Established Member
Yea, but according to my research, Brembo does not make their sport rotors in cross-drilled/slotted. Its either or. What happens is some other company buys Brembo blank rotors and drills holes and machines slots in them and sells them as Cross-Drilled/Slotted Brembos. That is the way I understand it.

I could be wrong, but I do not think so.:-D

Users who are viewing this thread