Brembo

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
curious, can the steering feel be made tighter with an aftermarket tune? or is engine performance/throttle the only parameters that are tunable? I love the added firmness in the steering feel with sportmode/advancetrac off but always feel it could be a lil tighter.

i have a base GT btw

chico_mustangs

Established Member
Welcome to the Mustang community and the Brembo Badasses!

2011-10-31_17-30-54_525.gif

2011-10-31_17-33-20_858.gif

BREMBO12

Established Member
Thank you all......buy AMERICAN! :beer: This was the main focus when buying this car. Plus, I have had good luck with Fords in the past including the 2000 Lightning that I sold some time ago. :D

BREMBO12

Established Member
Sweet car man. No matter what anyone says, the brembo package is a great bang for your buck option. The brakes alone separately cost as much as the package. Then you get the suspension stuff, the cool wheels and tires and the better sport mode tunning. I wish they offered it on my GT/CS. Since they didnt, I decided to make my own.

Sweet! Yes, my exact thoughts! Ford needs to offer custom in the mix, order what you want. :D Nice car! :D

BREMBO12

Established Member
As an fyi, HomeDepot sells little plastic plugs in white that perfectly match our color. You will have to drill out the plate holes a little wider, but they look great and snap right in covering those horrible holes. I did it. And they cost like .74 cents a piece.

photsdo.jpg

GREAT info! This will save alot over the overpriced "bumper plugs"...... :D

BREMBO12

Established Member
Welcome to the site, and to the wonderful world of owning a 5.0 with the Brembo package. ;)

By the way... your balloon is flat. :poke:

yea thanks! ....i seen that the other day and it was like WTF? before I figured out it was a limp balloon :D Maxwell Ford in Austin, Tejas....

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
It's funny you mention the ZHP, I traded my 2009 Mazda MX5 and my 2004 330ci ZHP for my 2011 GT and I can see the similarities, but the ZHP was still a much more taut chassis.

Welcome to the BBP club!

300AGT

Established Member
Looking like PR. white and BBP pgk is the way to go in this thread .
248i.jpg

mines a 300A GT BBP and 3:73 gears 6MT .

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
I didn't go for the Brembos because it didn't really matter when you're just going to replace the parts anyway. If you car is just a street queen, and most of them here are and will never see a race track, then it's rather unnecessary.

Grant808

Established Member
I didn't go for the Brembos because it didn't really matter when you're just going to replace the parts anyway. If you car is just a street queen, and most of them here are and will never see a race track, then it's rather unnecessary.

the brake package does come with traction control and suspension tuning plus other parts...and you're right, that most of them will never see a race track. Mine got to see the race track up close.

6343338372_f36e2d06f0_m.jpg

BREMBO12

Established Member
Brembo is a SAFETY FACTOR whether you race or not. The BREMBO's have saved my bacon on 1 occasion on HWY380. :D

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Brembo is a SAFETY FACTOR whether you race or not. The BREMBO's have saved my bacon on 1 occasion on HWY380. :D

so you're saying the standard brakes ('10 and back track pack brakes mind you) are insufficient to stop the vehicle in an emergency. i would point more at the pedal force application unit when looking for a fault...

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
so you're saying the standard brakes ('10 and back track pack brakes mind you) are insufficient to stop the vehicle in an emergency. i would point more at the pedal force application unit when looking for a fault...

while standard brakes stop this car...Brembo brakes really stop this car.
I think thats what he meant.:rolling:

kingnut

Established Member
Lol i knew these comments were coming. When you slam on brakes going above 30 mph you better have some good tires.

chico_mustangs

Established Member

You sir get the dumbest comment of the day award...

Fuerza

Established Member

That doesn't make any sense at all. Better brakes will be helpful on the street just as much on the track. That's like saying the extra HP from the V8 is worthless on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread