Brembo rear springs?

KurtDog

Established Member
I was looking at brembo50. com and they are selling these springs:
Brembo50.com - 55D Spring Kit

Does anyone have any opinions on these springs? I want to make the car look and handle a little better but don't want to hassle with all the other things that come with lowering a car.

alex12gt

Established Member
......thats a lot of reading.....I put the eibach prokit in mine with a panard bar and need to get it aligned but it looks so much better.....1in in the from and 1.5 in the rear

98ss88mm

Established Member
I have a stock brembo car... I think the car rides/drives EXCELLENT. I will NOT be buying any lowering parts.. but I also hate low cars. I definitely wouldnt buy an eibach kit lol.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have them on my car. I did not want to fully lower the car, since I drive the awful streets of New Orleans quite often. They did exactly what they were advertised to do...they evened out the gaps in the wheel wells. The side effect was that they also tightened up the car a bit. It was a 20 minute job, totally worth the price of admission if you don't want to do a full lowering job.

Mike

atistang

Established Member
I was looking at brembo50. com and they are selling these springs:
Brembo50.com - 55D Spring Kit

Does anyone have any opinions on these springs? I want to make the car look and handle a little better but don't want to hassle with all the other things that come with lowering a car.

If your car is not a brembo car then get brembo front springs with these, so shocks (brembo stockers or konis etc) and the 55d springs.

KurtDog

Established Member
I have them on my car. I did not want to fully lower the car, since I drive the awful streets of New Orleans quite often. They did exactly what they were advertised to do...they evened out the gaps in the wheel wells. The side effect was that they also tightened up the car a bit. It was a 20 minute job, totally worth the price of admission if you don't want to do a full lowering job.

Mike

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking this is the way to go. :beer:

05_Evolution

I wish I was fast
Established Member
Bodymore, Murderland (Baltimore, Maryland)
Keep us posted...

Will do!

Mike

This is what I've heard and why I'm going with these springs.

Please keep us posted. :beer:

Will do!

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
Just buy some FRPP "P" or BMR or Eibach Pro-Kit springs and be done with it. Notice that I didn't say Eibach Sportlines or FRPP "K". The springs I recommend lower your car 1" front and 1", 1.25" and 1.5" respectively.

cbaty08

Established Member
I am running Eibach Sportlines with stock (Brembo) struts and an adjustable panhard. I was using adj. camber bolts at the beginning which were in spec, but as my springs loosened up I found the need to add some Carol Shelby Caster/Camber plates.

Rides and looks like a dream! I have had many people drive and ride in my car and they also agree that it rides well; can't even tell that it is lowered by the ride of it. If anyone is in the South Bay Area (CA), feel free to ping me if you want a ride in her.

EDIT: Here is a pic from a while back, when I was still on the stock tires. (v12s now)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread