Brembo rear brakes wear fast?

mikestoyz

Established Member
I thought I had a tsb issue with the rear spring clips. Apparently I have the upgraded clips already. I notice the pad is nearly gone, hence the squeak.
I have 47000 miles and have a good deal highway miles. Not sure I've ever done a burnout using the brake on this car.
Is the proportioning valve set for more rear brake bias to accommodate for increased front stopping power of the brembos?

cababah

Established Member
I am almost at 40k and my rears have about 30% remaining (according to the service tech) and fronts have 60% left. Brembo car.

I have been commuting in it for a while and I heard that casual driving/braking will wear the rears faster than the front. Also, any spirited driving or traction and stability assistance will stress the rear pads more than the front. I think your mileage at 47k is in line with the life expectancy of the rear pads.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Arent the Brembo rears same as base rears?

Yeah, just thinking the same sized rears have to work harder to keep up with the brembos, but as I type, I'm thinking that shouldn't matter in daily driving situations. Regardless, I've never had to replace rears before the front on any car I've ever had. Thinking the previous poster on stability and traction control may be onto something

mikestoyz

Established Member
I replaced them tonight.

Rent the tool at autozone. Ive never had to use a screw in/compression tool. It was so easy!

Anyway, the pads on the inside of the car werent worn all that much, but the outer pads were down to the rivet that holds the compression pin thingamabob on the top of the pad. That was the screech I was hearing. All good now! I used some ceramic pads.

Users who are viewing this thread