Brembo pins/springs

98mark8lsc

Established Member
I recently bought a set of 00R Brembo calipers that didn't come with the pins or springs.

I was just wondering where the best place to get them is. So far, I've only been able to find one website that carries them.

Can any of you guys help me out?

Thanks!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
What about Brembo direct?

I can't imagine them being that expensive and you are sure you get the correct part/fit.

Tom

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I recently bought a set of 00R Brembo calipers that didn't come with the pins or springs.

I was just wondering where the best place to get them is. So far, I've only been able to find one website that carries them.

Can any of you guys help me out?

Thanks!

A VERY long time ago I got spare Brembo parts from Steeda. I'm pretty sure it was a special order item though.

As Tom suggested any Brembo dealer should be able to assist.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

98mark8lsc

Established Member
The one website I spoke of was LPI racing, and the total price was about $100 for 4 pins and 2 springs.

From my research, I believe that the Cobra R Brembos are the same castings as the Focus RS Brembos...if so, I was able to source a kit from Ford UK, for about $65 shipped from the UK.

If I can get confirmation they are the same, I'll just buy those. What do you guys think?

Thanks so much!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The one website I spoke of was LPI racing, and the total price was about $100 for 4 pins and 2 springs.

From my research, I believe that the Cobra R Brembos are the same castings as the Focus RS Brembos...if so, I was able to source a kit from Ford UK, for about $65 shipped from the UK.

If I can get confirmation they are the same, I'll just buy those. What do you guys think?

Thanks so much!

Focus RS calipers are the same as Y2KR calipers, just a different color.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Try these guys:

Pro-System, Inc.

I scored some Brembo stuff from them in the past and they were very helpful. If they don't have the parts, they will know where to get them.

As an FYI here are the Brembo part numbers for the pins and springs:

Brake pad pin guides (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.5116.25
Caliper retainer spring (1 ea caliper) - part# 20.4196.71

Edit: The casting number for the calipers, whether Cobra R or Focus RS, is: 20.7365.00. The were M-2300-X (Black) for the Cobra, and M-2300-B (Silver) for the RS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread