Brembo HPS Issue

Dilley

Established Member
I have 00R style brembos off a fiat 20v turbo coupe, they work with minute modification, with a set of Hawk HPS pads, centric rotors, ss lines and ATE super blue fluid. Everything works flawlessly until I start getting in the brakes hard a few times and then smoke comes from that area the car feels like the pads are siezed to the rotors. Once I drive it and break them free they go back to some what normal feeling. Am I being to hard on the HPS's? Did i happen to install something wrong?
Any insight is appreciated.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Did you buy the calipers used? If so they may need a rebuild, or at least a thorough cleaning. Ie take the pads out , push the pistons out a little more, clean them with brake fluid, clean the rest of the calipers where the pads sit and reinstall. If it doesn't work, probably a rebuild with new seals etc.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I have 00R style brembos off a fiat 20v turbo coupe, they work with minute modification, with a set of Hawk HPS pads, centric rotors, ss lines and ATE super blue fluid. Everything works flawlessly until I start getting in the brakes hard a few times and then smoke comes from that area the car feels like the pads are siezed to the rotors. Once I drive it and break them free they go back to some what normal feeling. Am I being to hard on the HPS's? Did i happen to install something wrong?
Any insight is appreciated.

More info on this swap? What is "minute modification"?

Dilley

Established Member
Did you buy the calipers used? If so they may need a rebuild, or at least a thorough cleaning. Ie take the pads out , push the pistons out a little more, clean them with brake fluid, clean the rest of the calipers where the pads sit and reinstall. If it doesn't work, probably a rebuild with new seals etc.

They were sandblasted powdercoated and rebuilt before I put them on

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Steel pistons correct? I know my old SVO had issues with hung brakes due to phenolic pistons.

Users who are viewing this thread