Brembo Brakes

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Does anybody know what caliper piston compression tool may be used on the brembo 6 piston calipers? I always do my own brake jobs but I have never done 6 pistons. Thanks for any info.

manny231988

Established Member
I would just use a regular C clamp and use one of the old pads, center the C lamp in the middle of the pad and screw clamp in that should push all the pistons in evenly.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
There is a Lisle tool for compressing dual piston calipers. They are on ebay for about $40 shipped.

I would be wary of compressing with a C clamp. That would compress one side but could potentially push the other pistons out of their bore.

Tom

_Satch_

Established Member
I pushed my front caliper pistons back in with a flat blade screwdriver, before I removed the caliper. I did have both bleeder screws open prior to doing this. They slid back easily. Worked fine for me. I wanted new fluid down at the pistons after I swapped everything over anyhow.
-Satch

Imatk

Established Member
I usually just use my fingers... these calipers are super easy to service... I've never had to use anything other than my fingers :/

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I use pry bars and a tapered drift to pry on the used pads to compress on side of the pistons. Using another pry bar, i repeat the process on the other side.

^^^ This assumes youre going to machine the rotors of course.

Users who are viewing this thread