Brembo Brake Questions

steves86ta

Established Member
Hey guys, i have a couple brake questions. My gt came with the brembo's on it from a 00 cobra r. or the frpp kit either way they are the same. Now my question is the pads are getting really thin and its time for me to do a brake job. now i work part time and am on a really tight budget with this car and really cant afford 100+ for just pads. Not to mention rotors. Considering it is a DD, i would prefer to get just some basic autozone, napa, o'reilys pads with lifetime warranty to help me save money when i need brakes. I do not race the car, and it wont see track duty, just a basic daily. Autozone does not list the pads for the car. My question is does anyone know where i can get affordable pads? Preferably lifetime warranty. If not what all do i need to go back to stock? Just calipers, rotors, brackets, and pads? Approx what could i expect to get for mine if i sell them?
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Pull the brakes and you can sell them for about $900, go on ebay and go to this link buy some new mach red brakes and your good to go for the future. Plus you make $600 on top of it all.

I bet if you make an ad here or on craiglist to trade someone your brembos for stock cobra brakes and cash then you might be even better off.

steves86ta

Established Member
Yeah I posted on a local stang forum so cal stangs
and put up for trade plus 300 and they were really interested. But thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread