Brembo Brake Condition

bobert

Established Member
Hey guys,

I am currently in the process of buying Brembo takeoff brakes for my Mustang and was wondering if I could get some opinions on the condition of a set that I found.

Thanks

1 (2).jpg1 (3).jpg1 (4).jpg1 (5).jpg1.jpg

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Looks like everything is present and accounted for. Maybe either have those rotors turned or replaced along with new pads before putting them on the car. This is also the perfect time to get braided stainless lines.

bobert

Established Member
Looks like everything is present and accounted for. Maybe either have those rotors turned or replaced along with new pads before putting them on the car. This is also the perfect time to get braided stainless lines.

They supposedly only have 2000 miles on them. Do you really think they need to be replaced?

KBBoss302

Established Member
Unless the rotors are pitted from that rust (doubt it), those rotors look fine - no grooves or wear marks out near edge. That surface rust will come off after the very first stop. Yes, really.

bobert

Established Member
Unless the rotors are pitted from that rust (doubt it), those rotors look fine - no grooves or wear marks out near edge. That surface rust will come off after the very first stop. Yes, really.

That's what I was thinking at first too since my stock ones rust very quickly too. I think I'll bring them to a shop to get a professional opinion just to be safe.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
They look fine, most rotors will look like that after getting wet and sitting. as soon as you use the brakes they clean right off.

JDos1

Established Member
Honestly they're probably fine. You could always take some scotchbrite to the rotor to remove the surface rust and see if there is any pitting. I'd also THOROUGHLY flush the old fluid out of the caliper after installing, they look like they've been sitting in a humid location and the old fluid will be junk.

Users who are viewing this thread