Breathers and Lean Condition

icehoc8

Established Member
I installed a breather on both the driver and passenger side valve covers. I blocked off the intake tube and the tube that connects to the back of the intake maifold with vacuum caps.
Question is if I DONT run a breather on the oil filler neck, will i suck UNMETERD air and cause a lean condition?
I have no performance mods at all, BONE STOCK 04 Cobra!! Thanks

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
If I were you I'd put it back to stock!! Why risk it? Yeah it looks good but I hear you have to get a tune with a breather.

Tucker

Facts, not hear say:
1)PCV is closed under boost
2)Breather on pass. side only will give NO smell or drip.
3)Breather on drivers side WILL give smell and drip.
4)If your getting oil drip and smell from a pass. side breather you have bad rings. This is NOT the breathers fault. If you have the oil drip with the breather you had it with the PCV hooked up. The breather does not cause engine wear directly after install.
5)35+dyno runs on my car with breather and NO lean condition, anywhere in the rpm
6)3 past blower cars with breathers and NO lean condition on the dyno.
7)I have never seen any dyno runs posted or in person with a lean condition due to a breather.
Re read most all posts on the subject and they start with " I heard" or "My tuner told me" ...

Personally, I would run one only and put a seperator of some sort inline on the drivers side.

Take it for what it's worth. I only go by what I have seen with my own two eyes, not what I "heard" on the internet.

mj8

Established Member
Hey Tucker if I already had a RWTD tune with a MAC CAI and I switch to a JLT High Boost kit will much change in my tune. Some people have said nothing will change at all I can just switch the MAC for your 12" JLT kit. I will also be going from the PCV on pass head to the breather on the pass head.

So will I need to rework my current tune?

Tucker

mj8 said:
Hey Tucker if I already had a RWTD tune with a MAC CAI and I switch to a JLT High Boost kit will much change in my tune. Some people have said nothing will change at all I can just switch the MAC for your 12" JLT kit. I will also be going from the PCV on pass head to the breather on the pass head.

So will I need to rework my current tune?
I all ways recommend to have your A/F checked when ever you change anything to do with air flow on a supercharged car.
Not all cars react the same to certin mods, so checking is the best way to know.
Better to be safe then sorry, were talking about a expencive car.

Users who are viewing this thread