Breathers and Lean Condition

icehoc8

Established Member
I installed a breather on both the driver and passenger side valve covers. I blocked off the intake tube, intake galley and rear of the plenum with vacuum caps.
Question is if I DONT run a breather on the oil filler neck, will i suck UNMETERD air and cause a lean condition? My chip is not programmed for any breather setup. Thanks

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I had a breather on both sides and had my ses light come on a day later The code that popped up was for a lean condition. So i hooked up the pass. side only and ses light went away. I figured atleast I don't have oil all over my t/b and intake plenum. Hope this helps

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
I have been running like that for about 6 months now......All is well. If you want to be extra safe, get your tuner to add some parameters for the pcv delete....but if you have all the holes plugged (Two under boot, rear plenum, and the hose running to the rear of the intake) you should be fine.

Later

Robert Francis

Established Member
If you everything "blocked" off in your PCV system - there should be no place for any additional air to enter and you should be ok. I didn't have any SES lights when I did mine years ago - but does happen to some trucks. If you get a chip, tell the "tuner" what you've done.

Users who are viewing this thread