Breath Easy- Cabin filter swap

enormous

Established Member
Recently I noticed Autozone carries the new K&N washable Cabin Air Filter so I stopped in and compared it a less expensive paper brand replacement. Comparing the cheapo paper filter to the K&N was a no brainer and the quality K&N came home with me less $36 out of my pocket with a 10% discount.

The timing was good because my 08 Shelby with 50,000 miles displayed a VERY CLOGGED cabin filter. The swap took a screw driver and under 5 minutes, it was very easy to swap.

Here is a how to link:
https://www.google.com/search?sourc...lter&gs_l=hp..9.41l275.0.0.0.9387...........0.

barspen

Established Member
Upgraded to the K&N cabin air filter a few months ago. Really like the fact it's washable/reusable. Super simple install.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Link to the k&n? I replace the paper one yearly but it does get pretty dirty. If there's a better synthetic I'll give it a try.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the thread OP. I just replaced mine for the first time with nearly 38k miles on my 2008; got the replacement K&N from my local AutoZone. The original cabin air filter was pretty dirty, and I appreciated the characteristic flow of the K&N today with outside temps in the 90s.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Thanks for the info, didn't realize we even had one.

Like the above guy, I had no idea we had one. Time for a change.

Apparently there are dealers/service departments that don't realize there's one, too. Every time I take my car in for service and request a cabin filter change, they tell me I don't have one. I finally got fed up with the stinky air coming out the vents and changed it for the first time since I've had the car; somewhere around 38K miles. It was pretty dirty. It even seemed like the air came out colder sooner with the new filter. Replaced it with another Motorcraft paper filter.

Users who are viewing this thread