Breaking 12's N/A?

qkslvr221

Established Member
Alright, extra funds are starting to roll in, and my car is pretty much stock as can be. As it sits right now, it has as only 3.73 gears and full length subframe connectors.
My question is, how difficult would it be to break 12's with 4.30's, intake, midpipe/catback, and a set of good ol' nittos?

Thanks guys :beer:

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
shouldn't be all that hard as long as your a good driver...nittos might not do sh*** honestly..invest in some m/t dr's...gears,exhaust,cai,shifter and a good driver should deff get you high 12's :coolman:

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
i beg to differ. its going to be really hard even is you are a good driver to get into the 12's with dr's. you need to invest in some slicks. i had a 98 with 4.56's gears, 28" tall slicks with drag springs and stock struts and shocks and got a 12.7 with a 1.6 60'. just my $.02

mystical

Established Member
98_cobra said:
i beg to differ. its going to be really hard even is you are a good driver to get into the 12's with dr's. you need to invest in some slicks. i had a 98 with 4.56's gears, 28" tall slicks with drag springs and stock struts and shocks and got a 12.7 with a 1.6 60'. just my $.02

Why are you running a 28" slick with a stock motor? They are taking a lot of gear away.

Users who are viewing this thread