Break Upgrades

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Are there any break upgrades for 93 cobras? I have heard that you can no longer buy the front rotors for our cars. I also heard that our front rotors have a specific offset. Is this true? Does anybody make a drilled and slotted rotor for our cars?

Any comments would be appreciated.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
break or brake :-D

You can still get the correct rotors at most auto parts stores but yes Baer offers an upgrade to dual piston 13" brakes with the correct offset for our factory wheels

9T3SVT

Established Member

johnh

Established Member
Did you notice a big change with those rotors?

When I got the car the rotors were warped so I don't have any real back to back differences from stock. They are basically stock rotors with slot cut in. They just look cooler.
As far as pads go I picked up an NOS set on ebay also for $60. I like the way the car brakes it seems to be more then enough. Sorry for no real feedback just no complaints.

9T3SVT

Established Member
johnh said:
Sorry for no real feedback just no complaints.
No worries, I leaning more towards the Baer brake kit now, I just want to keep my four lug Stock Wheels. Turns out the 13in rotor kit with the dual piston calipers will work and they come assembled on the spindles $1295 and $300 core charge for your old spindles. :D

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
9T3SVT said:
No worries, I leaning more towards the Baer brake kit now, I just want to keep my four lug Stock Wheels. Turns out the 13in rotor kit with the dual piston calipers will work and they come assembled on the spindles $1295 and $300 core charge for your old spindles. :D

Trust me. It will be the best money you have ever spent. It was to me. It's what our cars should have come with from the OEM

Users who are viewing this thread