Break In Procedure - 5 Miles New

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Is there a proper way to break it in

I would read the owners manual. At minimum I would heat cycle the new brakes to proper bed the pads and change oil between 500-1000miles......on any new car.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Taken From SHELBY GT350®
MUSTANG SUPPLEMENT

Section Driving Hints

BREAKING-IN
Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.
Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

So no lawyer here but this is what Ford tells us which is not much and is far from a legally binding anything......Steve

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Someone said it earlier wouldn't that bolt have come loose no matter what was done to breaking it in?
Good luck with the repair

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
You mean like all the major car manufacturers who recommend a gentle break-in.

Not something I would do but it's his car the OP can break it "in" any way he wants.

Proper break in requires loading the engine, different rev ranges, no extended time at an rpm. Car manufactures care about longevity through the warranty period, not necessarily everything else accomplished by a break in of the method above.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Proper break in requires loading the engine, different rev ranges, no extended time at an rpm. Car manufactures care about longevity through the warranty period, not necessarily everything else accomplished by a break in of the method above.

Agree

My understand is the GT500 ECU limited the boost for the first 50 miles for break-in purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread