Brass knuckles

mr_Ginzo

Established Member
how come they sell them as paperweights, and sell them legally but you can't carry them with you?

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Because the legislators haven't banned the production of brass knuckles yet. LOL j/k

On a serious note, it's similar to why many companies can freely manufacture certain products, it's up to the end user to see that they abide by the law while using those products.

Take for example, aftermarket exhaust systems - many offroad midpipes are not legal for public roadways, hence the "off-road use only" statement found on the the box or product description.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I agree with cobra90GT. Just like "ice" pipes. They sell them as air fresheners and include a small vile of fragrance. I doubt anyone has ever used it as an air freshener. Its how ya use it that makes it illegal. If the police were to walk in an exeutives office and see the brass knuckles on a stack of papers, no problem. If they locate them in your pocket on a pat down, problem. Hope this helps.

jshen

Established Member
Be Careful

There is a big difference between what you can legally buy..and what you can carry. Some merchants take advantage of that...and will tell folks they're legal but forget to tell them they can't carry them. For example, in GA you can llegally buy brass knuckles and switchblade knifes..you just cannot carry them concealed. I agree with above post....on a Terry patdown...in Ga would get you arrested for carrying concealed weapon...regardless of whether you have a concealed pistol license. LEOs [state and feds] are different and can carry anything Dept allows.

I own a Benchmade [auto] knife. Model that is issued to feds, and at $170.00 it is too expensive for me to play with...it just stays in my safe. One more point on automatic knifes, although legal to buy and possess in some states...there is a fed statute covering the interstate travel with one..

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Re: Be Careful

Originally posted by jshen
There is a big difference between what you can legally buy..and what you can carry. Some merchants take advantage of that...and will tell folks they're legal but forget to tell them they can't carry them. For example, in GA you can llegally buy brass knuckles and switchblade knifes..you just cannot carry them concealed. I agree with above post....on a Terry patdown...in Ga would get you arrested for carrying concealed weapon...regardless of whether you have a concealed pistol license. LEOs [state and feds] are different and can carry anything Dept allows.

I own a Benchmade [auto] knife. Model that is issued to feds, and at $170.00 it is too expensive for me to play with...it just stays in my safe. One more point on automatic knifes, although legal to buy and possess in some states...there is a fed statute covering the interstate travel with one..

Jeff, under federal statute it is illegal to import or carry an automatic knife/switchblade unless you have only one arm(not kidding) and the blade must be 3 inches and under. As a Federal Law Enforcement officer, I am allowed to carry one and always do.

jshen

Established Member
Your Right

I forgot about the one arm thing...Since I handle very few one armed crooks w/switchblades....I am not up to snuff on the subject. I did, however, have to go through a hassle to buy from out of state company. I don't carry it as I have enough...stuff to carry...phone, camera, Glock, 3 hi-caps, ID, handcuffs....During G-8 also had AR-15 A2s w/lots of mags.

Is your auto knife "issued" or personal?

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Re: Your Right

Originally posted by jshen
I forgot about the one arm thing...Since I handle very few one armed crooks w/switchblades....I am not up to snuff on the subject.
You and me both pal!:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread