Bras, anyone?

micksnip

Established Member
Thinking of getting a front BRA for the cobra, since there's no stone chips yet at 6k miles, and I want it to stay chipless. Anyone have experience with any brands, recommendations, costs? I looked into LeBra so far, but I want to get a good one.Thanx for the support!:lol:
Micksnip

wheelhopper

Established Member
Any of those black vinyl bras are gay, IMO. You may avoid rock chips but it will leave rub marks on your paint, regardless of what the seller tells you. The 3M clear bra is the way to go. When a pro instals it you can hardly tell it is there. They are expensive, be prepared to spend at least $600, probably more.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
Any of those black vinyl bras are gay, IMO. You may avoid rock chips but it will leave rub marks on your paint, regardless of what the seller tells you. The 3M clear bra is the way to go. When a pro instals it you can hardly tell it is there. They are expensive, be prepared to spend at least $600, probably more.

I have not seen the 3M stuff in person, but looks like it may be a good solution.

I bought the Colgan Bra before I did my cross country move from Seattle for the same reasons.

I am not really a big fan on the way they look, prefer NAKED :lol: :lol:

But I will tell you it worked great, stayed on tight up to 150 MPH for extended periods of time (gotta love North Dakota and Montana):banana:

When I arrived here on the East coast, I was very thankful I had the bra on the entire trip. It left no marks to speak of as it fits very very well. I had laid a good coat of polish and sealant on before the trip and had no problems.

Now, if you leave them on forever like some do you will notice some rubbing. I had not used mine since the cross trip but decided to use it for the Gettysburg Run, thinking I might be in close pusuit of peeps. Again, glad I had it on then. I took my new sig pic the night before the Gettysburg run so it was on, you can see a lil of what it looks like.

Hope this helps,

Ken

micksnip

Established Member
kens03cobra said:
I have not seen the 3M stuff in person, but looks like it may be a good solution.

I bought the Colgan Bra before I did my cross country move from Seattle for the same reasons.

I am not really a big fan on the way they look, prefer NAKED :lol: :lol:

But I will tell you it worked great, stayed on tight up to 150 MPH for extended periods of time (gotta love North Dakota and Montana):banana:

When I arrived here on the East coast, I was very thankful I had the bra on the entire trip. It left no marks to speak of as it fits very very well. I had laid a good coat of polish and sealant on before the trip and had no problems.

Now, if you leave them on forever like some do you will notice some rubbing. I had not used mine since the cross trip but decided to use it for the Gettysburg Run, thinking I might be in close pusuit of peeps. Again, glad I had it on then. I took my new sig pic the night before the Gettysburg run so it was on, you can see a lil of what it looks like.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Hey there, Ken. I appreciate the input re the bra. I looked into and at some cars with the 3M clear coating, and it IS expensive, but I saw lots of X-Acto knife slices in the paint where several had their edges trimmed by the installer, and I saw stones pierce them, as well as tears. After a tear, it looks like krap. Plus, I wax and buff my car a lot, and I'd be taking it off regularly. Wouldn't even use it all the time-till I get the windows tinted black, that is, then it'll go with the theme I'm after-red, black, and the CCW wheels. By the way, care to share the price? I know it may have gone down in price (and pigs may fly out of my butt, too) by now.
Other guys, thanx for the suggestion. I just like to wax my paint regularly, and used to work in a body shop, so I know dirt under it causes scratches. Though I'm no expert, I think these nose protection devices are like condoms:??: -some like them thin and clear; some like them more sturdy, and some like to ride with none at all sometimes, like a big red dancing pepper:pepper: !
Micksnip

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Umm, it has been a while....here is a linkie

http://www.colgancustom.com/shop_vparts.php#1

They really are good quality, fit snug, do not flap at all, and look as good as a bra can look.

I use it on long road trips, or racing, etc...

as long as you keep your car clean under it and keep the inside of the bra clean you will be just fine.

I have had not problems with it.

They are reasonable in price too,

Good Luck

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread