Brand New in Box - Brembo (GT1, F50) Front BBK for SN-95 Mustangs/Cobra

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
SOLD!

For sale are Brand NEW in box(s) Brembo's Gran Turismo Big Brake Kit for SN-95 (99 - 04 Mustang/Cobra) fronts. 13.1" (332 mm) x 1.25" (32 mm) Two-Piece Rotors and Larger GT1-F50 type 4 piston Radial mount Calipers with 40mm and 44mm pistons.

This kit is a significant step up from the Ford Racing 2300-X (2000 Cobra R) kits that use thinner 28 mm rotors and smaller Axial mount calipers.

Kit No: 1B2-7016A2 (Red Caliper with 2 piece slotted Rotors (better for racing then drilled), Pads, mounting brackets, and stainless brake lines) - Nothing else needed to mount these on SN-95 spindles. Will FIT OEM 17" cobra wheels (regular or anniversary models). The 14" Brembo GT kits will NOT Fit under 17" wheels.

This kits runs between $3400 and $3500 plus shipping.

Asking $2750 or Best Offer plus shipping in the continental US. Accept Paypal and/or Trade... Bring your offers.

I'll consider trades plus cash (either way) and am especially interested in the following:

1. McCloed RST or RXT (26 spline) clutch - NEW
2. Spec Twin Disc -SS Trim (26 spline) clutch - NEW
3. Spec 3+ clutch (with Lightweight aluminum Pressure plate) - NEW
4. VMP TVS 2.3 (Gen. II) Blower - (new or used)

5. 2003/2004 Cobra OEM NOS parts - front bumper, chin spoiler, rear spoiler LED light, convertible sun visors, 10th Anniversary specific parts, etc...

Please PM or text me if interested at 828-409-655 two. Thank you.

I'm located in Hickory, NC.
IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

Last edited:

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
Thanks! The is the Absolute largest Rotor and Caliper you can get under the stock 17" wheels....

If these don't sell I'm going to mate them up with the smallest Brembo GT3 (28mm, 30 mm piston) 4 piston calipers for the rear which is about half the piston surface area/clamping force so you get the correct brake bias. Putting too large in the back which I've seen is not good....

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
These would be needed/suited well on a very high HP street/strip cobra or for Road Racing. NO Fade even after repeated use....

People sure do fork out the $$$ for new blowers, but when it comes to brakes its typically the last thing people think off. In a heavy Cobra I find it really nice to slow down quickly or stop when needed.

2000 Cobra R brakes won't cut it after repeated use. They have less stopping power and will fade....

These are the absolute largest and best brakes you can fit under stock 03/04 17" cobra wheels. Regular or 10th Anniversary.

Last edited:

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
4 pot.

Brembo GT brakes don't have 6 pots that will fit on a stock 17" wheel using 13.1" rotors. Even the 14" rotors that need a 18" wheel use the same Brembo 4 pots.

Last edited:

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
brembof50_13.1.gif
Brembo GT1 F50.gif

These are the same brakes in Black on a 2003 Cobra.... Then a Brembo picture of the Red one's I'm selling.

I got the 2-piece slotted rotors for durability when abused, and red to go with the 10th Anniversary theme "Red" calipers...

Last edited:

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
Would entertain trade for Brand new 26 spline Mcloed RXT or Spec Super twin disc plus cash, or VMP TVS 2.3 gen 2 blower...

Text me at 828-409-655two if you have anything.

Thanks.

Last edited:

KeyM3

Established Member
Hey, we talked about these brakes, I’m not sure if it was on Facebook or something. But I noticed you would entertain a trade? I have a Spec Twin Disc Clutch (T–Type Rated @1395FT lbs) that I’d be willing to trade, how much money would you be interested in on top of that?

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
TTT... There must some some real high power "Heavy" cobras needing better brakes for street, drag, or road racing?

As I mentioned earlier, I'll consider trades plus cash (either way) and am especially interested in the following:

1. McCloed RST or RXT (26 spline) clutch - NEW
2. Spec Twin Disc -SS Trim (26 spline) clutch - NEW
3. Spec 3+ clutch (with Lightweight aluminum Pressure plate) - NEW
4. VMP TVS 2.3 (Gen. II) Blower - (new or used)

5. 2003/2004 Cobra OEM NOS parts - front bumper, chin spoiler, rear spoiler LED light, convertible sun visors, 10th Anniversary specific parts, etc...

Thanks Guys!

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
A previous discussion on here from a few people that have this setup on their cobras.....

The 2nd person is Bruce at FTBR, who sells the 14" kits for $3,295, but his don't fit the 17" stock cobra wheels and require 18" wheels. The GT1-F50 type calipers are the same as the kit I'm selling, and the rotors in this kit are 13.1" diameter which allows for the 17's to fit.....

These kits which have larger caliper pistons and thicker 1.25" rotors allow the brakes to maintain a much lower temperature then the Stock or 2000 Cobra R brakes to reduce fading after repeated hard stopping. If your under 12 seconds at the strip and hot lapping, or road racing you'll appreciate these.

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...enough-so-i-installed-a-brembo-gt-kit.467268/

Last edited:

hex99CobraConv

Established Member
Just wanted to update you guys that 17” welds won’t clear these brakes as 2 different guys with high HP rides on here over the last few weeks have checked with the template....

I can confirm that Stock 17” Cobra and stock 17” 10th anniversary wheels clear fine.

Users who are viewing this thread