Brand new Big Block.....

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
To bad it's not mine! Went out tonight to see my friends new motor finnaly installed in the car. The car is a '68 Camaro and the new motor is a 524ci Big Block. The new set up includes aluminum heads along with a direct port nitrous system set up for a 500 shot. He's still got a few things to get on before shes good to roll, but we fired her up tonight and let me tell you...
IT SOUNDED ****ING BADASS!!! :pepper:

He has just joined the NMCA so he needed to basically redo the whole car:

picture007medium1rw.jpg

picture009medium8wl.jpg

picture010medium2ad.jpg

Custom LEMON headers with 2 1/2'' pipes running to a 5'' collector dump
picture008medium2fo.jpg

picture011medium4vq.jpg

picture015medium9pg.jpg

picture017medium8nd.jpg

picture013medium2jg.jpg

picture014medium4lj.jpg

More pics and VIDS to come soon... What you guys think? :beer:

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone know of a good cleaner to get jizz off of a monitor screen?

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
This set up with spray should put him in the low low 7's (assuming he doesnt fly stright up with no wheelie bars..) His old set-up was an Iron Head 502 running dual stage n20 300 shot off the line then 200 shot at the 1/8 mark... This is a straight 500 shot .06 seconds after he releases the trans brake.

Im gonna try and get some video when he has it dyno tuned this Friday... I just dont think the speakers can handle all the noise!
All it is- LOPE LOPE LOPE .861 lift on the cam :eek:

The class requires him to run these skinny little tires:

Last edited:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Well he had to go down to a 3.73 gear from his 4.56 along with a taller tire. It just takes some fine tunning and practice to have the car ride up just enough on the launch, and then have the spray keep it up down the track.

The entire suspension is built VERY well so hopefully it will do well. :thumbsup:

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
most drag cars like this have the accelerator pedal on the floor board....i know it has it's advantages but just something i noticed......sweet lookin car....for a 'maro hehe.....but it's okay cuz my buddy has a challenger he races runs 5.10 8ths and he's a ford guy all the way thru but it's what the sponsors buy him hehe......can't wait to see a vid of this thing movin and btw this thing is almost too nice to be racing....i mean carpeted interior in a drag car??? lol is this thing gonna be driven on the street or to shows or just strictly drag? i would think w/ how hot that motor and tranny'll get that the carpet might be a bit of an issue on the floorboard............but what do i know lol i'm just talkin out my @$$ hehe...okay and my last question i swear....i noticed that bottle (n2o) is mounted upright.....shouldn't that nozzle be facing the front or else all that nitrous is gonna get slammed to the side and won't get a proper boost flow

LTHL SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Thats one badass motor and setup :rockon:......I dont know about all that power on those tires though :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread