Brakes

93snake93

Established Member
Now I know this has been asked before but when I looked at brake kits from Baer they state that you need to upgrade to a five lug (which I don't want to do.) I also checked Wilwood and they only offer a four lug kit in a standard 5.0 offset. So who is running Baer or Wilwood kits on their car with stock wheels? i would like to know what the part numbers are so I can get a kit thanks.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Baer does offer the 4 lug kit for the cobra. It is the standard 5.0 kit, and they include spacers. Contact "LEE93COBRA" and he can help you out...

9T3SVT

Established Member
Baer makes a kit specific to the 93 Cobra. It comes assembled on the spindles with a $300 core charge (for your stock spindles) It's a 2 piston caliper with 13 inch front rotors. The part number is #1261025 and it goes for $1094.50 retail. I would spend the extra money and get them zinc washed to help prevent rust, also get the slotted upgrade (if you care) To many bad reviews on cross drilled, I'd stay away from that.

The Baer catalog is free, just call them at (602) 233-1411 and order it.

If you just want better braking get the Hawk rotors and some performance pads, it will cost much less and will be an improvement over stock. They sell them everyday on Ebay. Do a search for the seller named TMD (aka The Mustang Depot) they have good prices for the 93 rotors and pads.

93snake93

Established Member
Thanks for the info, yeah I am going to stay away from cross drilled rotors since I'm not a race car driver.

ralphcobra

Established Member
Baer

Guys. I have just completed the Baer 4lug big brake conversion on my 93 cobra. What a difference in stopping and looks and to top off a really good experience, everything fit just like it should. No tweaking whatsoever. It just bolted right on with no issues. I also like the sn-95 type spindles that are furnished with the kit, really clean.
Anybody that can take off your spindle can handle this installation. Hardest part was boxing up the old spindles and shipping back to Baer for the core charge credit. Ralph :pepper:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
If just the spindles, then yes. GT/Cobra spindles are the same. But if the front rotors have to go as well, they are unique with their taller hats.

ralphcobra

Established Member
As far as the core charges go, you only return to them the spindles , they inspect them and then return to you your money after the spindles pass their inspection. I do not know what their criteria consists of for returnable spindles but mine passed and they sent me back the three hundred dollars. The conversion would have been worth it to me even if they had not refunded me the money. The setup really looks super cool on the car,four lugs and stock wheels. Two guys that are my friends of mine are beside themselves because they swapped over to 5 lug and after market wheels and in my opinion, just lost the 93 cobra look.
Only down side now is looking at the stock small rear brakes.Baer has a sort of fix for that, but it didn't sound worth the trouble for the little gain to me.
I would send pictures, but I am still trying to work out how to do that. Maybe soon if my computer whiz will show up. Ralph

ralphcobra

Established Member
Baer

I mailed them a check for 1250.00 for my front setup. After I returned my spindles back to them for what they call a core charge, they refunded me 300.00. So I guess you could say 950.00 if you don't include the shipping. The shipping of old spindles back to baer from Georgia was 30.00. I had to wait over a month for the refund. I wish I knew how to post pictures for you guys to view. They really look good on the car. Ralph

9T3SVT

Established Member
Take the photos and host them at www.imageshack.us when you get to the site just follow the steps below.

1) browse for photos on your home pc
2) upload photos, then copy and paste the one that says hotlink 1 for forums on this thread

It's just that easy (and I want to see them) :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread