Brakes make a weird noise!! help please

In2myCobra

Established Member
Just started the car from the new build! It runs beautiful. When I stepped on the breaks to turn the car off (car was sitting still the entire time) it makes a weird ass noise. Sounds like a Belt is slipping or somthing is grinding against the belt! Any advice on what this may be?
Thanks!

Charged99

Established Member
Might be a dumb question but did u check the power steering fluid? The hydro boost runs off the power steering pump

In2myCobra

Established Member
At one point when I first started the car there was also another noise, sounded like a grinding/rubbing coming from the power steering pump pully. I noticed the power steering fluid was low so I topped it off and walked away for a while. I came back and started the car about 30 mins later and the ginding/rubing noise was gone. Maybe it fixed the brakes as well? I never thought about it though, ill try tomorrow morning and post the results here! Thanks buddy!

Charged99

Established Member
Yeah when the pump is low it will make some nasty noises. I did the exact same thing after my rebuild. Filled up the reservoir all was good and when I went to take it out I pushed on the brake and had that bad grinding sound (pump was low again).

Cool hope that's all it is!

In2myCobra

Established Member
Checked this morning and everything is perfect!! (Other than a small power steering leak coming from the "resevoir to pump hose") Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread