Brakes are starting to squeel!!

1stSVT

Established Member
The car has 28K on it and I think it may be time for new pads. I do a lot of stop and go everyday.
What suggestions do you guys have for new pads? I don't autocross or drag the car, but I do a lot of spirited driving around town. Like I said before I do a lot of stop and going also.
Thanks in advance!:coolman:

bwhitaker

Established Member
My 2003 SVTF has 22,000 miles on it. The brakes started to squeel at about 18,000 miles, and have drove me crazy. I'm going to try the EBC green pads when I change my pads out. I am also going to have my rotors turned, they have some grooves.

Brian

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
There are. Check out e-bay. A company called iRotors cross drills and slots OEM rotors, then coats them with a high temp rust resistor. I put them on my wife's 99 Accord V6. They look, and stop great! Cheap too. The honda ones were Zinc coated, so they were shiny too. The SVTF rotors are coated black. That might be a turnoff to some, I don't think I'd mind it much. Check out thier website at irotors.com (I think). Good luck! E-

1stSVT

Established Member
Thanks E-I'll check into that about the rotors. I'll check out the ebc pads also.:D

babysvt

Established Member
I had this problem and when I took the car in they said there was a tsb on this and they replaced the pads with new ones. However, I also had a problem with the rotors continuously warping. They had been turned twice in the last three months and I was beginning to get the same shimmy in the car after getting it back. When I took it in the rotors were warped again and I had only driven the car for about 2 weeks.:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread