brakes and tires

TXSVT1

Established Member
i was thinking about upgrading my brakes and rear tires. I thought about getting the original 2013 gt500 rear/front brake kit from American muscle
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6piston-brake-kit-0514.html

and for tires i'am looking for something not super pricey but reasonable, hoping the tires will give me plenty of miles but still get good traction on and off the track. was thinking of these.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...pc=11747&ar=35&rf=true&rd=20&rc=TXMINT&cs=315

what do you guys think?

it's for my 2013 auto 5.0.

Last edited:

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
i was thinking about upgrading my brakes and rear tires. I thought about getting the original 2013 gt500 rear/front brake kit from American muscle
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-6piston-brake-kit-0514.html

and for tires i'am looking for something not super pricey but reasonable, hoping the tires will give me plenty of miles but still get good traction on and off the track. was thinking of these.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fi...pc=11747&ar=35&rf=true&rd=20&rc=TXMINT&cs=315

what do you guys think?

it's for my 2013 auto 5.0.

Hey TX,

Good questions here and right off the bat I gotta ask what are you looking to do with the car? Add a little more bite? Run it on a road course?

The Ford Racing Brembo 6 Piston Kit is definitely a personal favorite but I think for the money you could get away with doing pads, rotors, and lines and still have some cash left over for the tires! Regarding the tires I've run the Azenis before on an AWD and they're sticky as hell. I don't have any experience with them on a RWD car but they get the job done. Being said have you taken a look at the Nitto NTOR5 Drag Radial? They're incredibly sticky and will keep the car on the ground if you're getting a little loose in the twisties. let me know if you have any questions and if you don't have our Forums Discount Code shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up!

Alex

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
Why would someone considering a big brake kit also be be looking at putting drag radials on? Not saying it can't happen, but they don't go hand in hand.

Up front, if you dont have the brembo brake option, then the brembo or gt500 kit are great choices with a quality pad and fluid.

For tires, look at S-04 Pole Position, Extreme Contact DW, maybe some Ventus V12's although the azenies are good too.

If more traction if needed, like AM is suggesting, go with some Hankook R-S3's or standard NT05's.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
^this. Picked some great tire options... always can add the MI super sport to the mix in many of our sizes.
If you are trying to stop fast repeatedly that usually involves turning. Also check out the closeout Corsas at TR in the boss sizes, there are only a few sets left but they are a great budget minded go fast tire right now. If you are interested in those, email me at [email protected] and I will try to get you a set.

Astenax

Established Member
I have the GT500 6 pots and they are awesome, but as others have said, the wheel options are limited. Its a tight squeeze even for my 19" Sve drifts.

Paul.

Established Member
I'm running the '13 Shelby brakes with 20" Forgestars and NT05Rs in 315/35/20. It's a great setup. I really like it.

RearBrakesInstalled_zpsc7a2bb9e.jpg

CarNewBrakes2_zps4c4862bc.jpg

PaulSideHiRes_zpse84ecfc5.jpg

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I have the 15" 6P Brembos as well but one thing I'd advise to others interested is that the 4P will serve just as well for a lower price for 80% of users out there. There's also a lot more aftermarket support for the 4P in terms of pads, rotors, etc. where the 6P are quite limited in that aspect.

Paul.

Established Member
Forgestar F14, 20x9 and 20x11. Brushed Titanium, which I don't think they offer anymore. Too many forum douchebags were whining because of microscopic fisheyes in the powdercoat that you needed a magnifying glass to see, so they stopped offering that finish. After meeting with them at SEMA, I called Forgestar and pleaded with them to make me a set in that finish, assuring them I wouldn't whine if there were tiny imperfections. They turned out perfect anyway.

I can't remember the offset. I think the rears are +53. Forgestar knows what offset to use.

Paul.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
i recently swapped pads to carbotech 1521's. They bite better and have better modulation but are noisy. I would probably not go with that pad again for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread