Brake Upgrades?

98v8

Established Member
Ok i need some peoples opinions on some pads and rotors. So for pads i was thinking some hawk pads. Which hawk pads would be the best?Things i am looking for in a pad is low brake dust a good amount of life and i dont want a pad that needs to be heated up to brake efficiently. I don't autox i do like to go to the strip every once in a while tho and i like to do some "spirited driving" lol.

On to the rotors i am a little more lost here as to what brand/type to buy here so i am going to rely on everyone's opinions a little more here. I guess my main concern here is I have read somewhere before that drilled and slotted rotors tended to crack at the holes under hard braking? Im not shure if this or true or not or maybe just with inferior rotors. I guess here i am looking for something that wont easily warp and offers good braking.

I am open to all suggestions and opinions i receive if you recommend a particular brand i would greatly appreciate why to use that brand ect. thanks for all the help! I look forward to your guys suggestions. and sorry for what was most likely very bad grammar and if anything seemed confusing

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
From what you said as to how you drive, stock replacement rotors and a ceramic pad.

Drilled/slotted are for looks but will also be fine for your driving.

Alot who open track use stock rotors.The factor brakes are very very good as is.

The ceramic pads won't dust like any semi-metalic pad will.

Users who are viewing this thread