Brake Upgrade

Ryushin

Established Member

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Actually, the Brembo kit has the larger rotors which are 14" vs 13.50" for the Baer kit. The Baer kit has a 6 piston caliper vs 4 piston in the Brembo kit. The Brembo kit is what comes on the 2000 Cobra R, so most 18" wheels with the correct Mustang offsets/backspacing should have no problem fitting with that setup, the Baer, I am not so sure off the top of my head. I think either kit will give you the performance you are looking for. I have the Brembo kit more readily available where the Baer brake kits are special order and may take up to 2-3 weeks before shipping. let us know if you are interested or have any other questions.

Thanks,
Derek @ Lethal Performance

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Yes, they do offer a 6 piston upgrade which also includes a 2 piece rotor (the other kit is a 1 piece). The upgraded kit is $3,549.00 and you have your choice of caliper colors of Black, Red, Silver and Yellow. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Derek @ Lethal Performance

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
fyi - Baer has a 14", 2pc, 6 piston setup. I just ordered mine yesterday from Lethal.:banana::coolman::pepper:

Last edited:

Ryushin

Established Member
I didn't see the Baer 14" on their web site. Do you have the link for it?

Also, what size wheels do you need for the 14" Baer?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Its not just the diameter but also how much offset you need. These big brakes need allot of room especially when you go up in rotor size as well. The caliper gets wider as well as longer.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479028

I ordered some TF wheels so I wanted some new brakes as well. Special offset up front for more brake caliper clearance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread