brake squeak

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
so this slight squeek just started coming from the rear of the car. You can hear it when the windows are down. It goes away when i apply the brakes. I thought it sounded like it was coming from the rear so i tried driving at 35 or so and gently pulling the parking brake and that gets rid of it. My rear pads have over 50 % left on them..... Any ideas on where to start. Its getting annoying. When i install pads i grease everything which was done about 8K miles ago. Just I just take them apart and regrease them. Anything special i should look for?? a bearing noise wouldnt go away w/ the brakes would it?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
so this slight squeek just started coming from the rear of the car. You can hear it when the windows are down. It goes away when i apply the brakes. I thought it sounded like it was coming from the rear so i tried driving at 35 or so and gently pulling the parking brake and that gets rid of it. My rear pads have over 50 % left on them..... Any ideas on where to start. Its getting annoying. When i install pads i grease everything which was done about 8K miles ago. Just I just take them apart and regrease them. Anything special i should look for?? a bearing noise wouldnt go away w/ the brakes would it?

check your rotors, they might need resurfacing. Or the noise dampeners might be lose, i had the same noise when the brake noise dampener that sticks to the brake pad was rubbing against the actual rotor hub where the bolts come out of.

Users who are viewing this thread