BRAKE????'s

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Left rear caliper bracket is very close to touching rotor, but yet the outside pad doesn't seem to be hitting rotor(remains somewhat rusty). It also gets hot to the touch, way hotter than the other 3 rotors. Pad is about 3/4 used same amount on right pads. I also get this weird moan when I park it. I haven't pulled it apart yet. I was planning on replacing the pads & turning rotors anway. Anything I should be on the lookout for when I pull it apart, to see what is causing this to happen.
Thanks

Toasty

Established Member
Disassemble rear brakes. Clean caliper slides with some emery cloth. Use caliper grease to lube slides, replace pads, reassemble.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I had a similar situation... My slides were frozen.. When you get the pad bracket off, check to see if the slides move freely in and out... If not, wiggle em out with vice grips, wire brush it up real nice, then lube the hell outta em..

Shoeman 1

Established Member
Thanks guy's it was a guide pin that was frozen solid. We had to heat the bracket cherry red to get it out (what a bitch). Compressing the caliper piston was fun also even with the tool from Autozone.

Users who are viewing this thread