Brake rotors?

Tyler72

Established Member
I just ordered a set of Carbotech XP12 front pads for the Boss in preparation of my trip to Road Atlanta in a couple of weeks. Question is... What about rotors? My factory ones are still in good shape and seem pretty flat so my original plan was to just swap to the race pads and go racing... but now Im having second thoughts about that. I can get rotors from Oreilly Auto parts for about $50 each (have a shop account) so I could make them my dedicated race rotors to go with my dedicated race pads. But does anybody have any experience with parts store rotors? They have a 2 year warranty but if they are garbage I don't want to waste my time. Just looking for an affordable and quick alternative to running the stock rotors with the new race pads.

86Fbody

Established Member
If you want something cheap and like the OEM rotors call Tousley and ask for Steve, should get a good price on stock rotors and then you will know they won't have any issues.

Zemedici

Established Member
If you want something cheap and like the OEM rotors call Tousley and ask for Steve, should get a good price on stock rotors and then you will know they won't have any issues.

steve works at Tasca Ford now. New Vendor on the website.

Just get Summit Stoptech rotors, they're free shipping and Will work well.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
I spent too much time researching rotors and pads for these cars. In the end it's hard to beat the price/performance of the premium Centric rotors. Or OEM if you can get a good deal on them.

I would certainly recommend running a dedicated pad/rotor for the track. Then you won't have to worry about pad transfer issues and you'll have a set of spare rotors just in case.

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Make sure you have cooling ducts. That will ensure longevity of what ever you choose, respectively.

Tyler72

Established Member
I ended up just getting the set from O'Reillys. I looked at them really good & they appear to be very well made. The hats are even painted black right out of the box. Since they have a 2 year warranty & I can easily return them if they suck, I decided it was worth a shot. I do have brake cooling ducts so maybe they will do OK.

Users who are viewing this thread