Brake Rotors

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Had a quick question for you guys since I am pretty much mechanically challenged. The time has come to do a brake job on the 03 Cobra and since I will be spending a pretty penny I want something good. My question is rotors, I have been looking around on the net and basically have heard Power Slot it the way to go, however for the same price as a powerslot slotted rotor I can get Baer rotors that are slotted and drilled. I have heard people say drilled rotors can develop cracks etc but again I have no clue. The car is a daily driver with occassional spirited mountain driving but the rotors are virtually the same price. Your two cents would be greatly appreciated.

03MACH04SVT

MYSTICHROME
Established Member
only thing that i have heard about the drilled rotors is that they are not recommended for track use because they can crack. i'm sure they will be fine for your needs

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
only thing that i have heard about the drilled rotors is that they are not recommended for track use because they can crack. i'm sure they will be fine for your needs

Thanks yeah I have read soo much tonight figured I'd ask on here I went on Baer.com and also to a brembo forum and they say slotted for track use because they can crack but they also sell slotted/drilled rotors with all of their big brake kits it's confusing as hell!

greengt88

Established Member
just get slotted my friend, all u will ever need....THMotorsports.com has GREAT prices on Powerslot, just bought a set last week, along with rear Stop-Tech pads and 2liters of fluid, was under $300, most places charge that just from the rotors....talk to Adam.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Anyone ever hear about anyone with or deal with SSBC they have a Cobra kit with all 4 rotors and pads on latemodelresto for like 350?

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
My only suggestion would be to NOT "go cheap" on brakes...

My recommendation is dba Rotors www.dba.com.au available through several places in the U.S.

my 2 pennies

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
My only suggestion would be to NOT "go cheap" on brakes...

My recommendation is dba Rotors www.dba.com.au available through several places in the U.S.

my 2 pennies

Not goin cheap at all this is my only vehicle, I'm still wondering about the SSBC kit and also is it best to upgrade to front and rear stainless hoses like from maximum motorsports or just worry about front?

Jefe

Established Member
Send a PM to 006, hes the brake expert

Bullitt2655

'01 Bullitt
Established Member
I used powerslot on my Bullitt, and they cracked after one track day! Never had a problem with the stock rotors, so I went back to them and haven't had a problem since. Most racers will tell you to use solid rotors. That would be my suggestion, just find a good set of solid rotors and put on some good pads like Hawk HP+ or HPS

Users who are viewing this thread