Brake rotor question

Red Shift

2.6 + 4.6=GAWDAMN!!
Established Member
What kind of rotors will not warp or crack and what pads would be best with them?

Thanks, Eric

texaswrx

Established Member
Most people on the forum return to the Brembo blanks available through Tirerack online. They also offer the blanks cryo treated for additional longevity / use with more aggresve pad.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Discs that won't warp! Is there such a thing?

If you don't mind $pending the money get a $et of floating disc$ which are less prone to warping.

Stay away fron driller rotors if yoou don't want them to crack

sleepless

Established Member
Red Shift said:
What kind of rotors will not warp or crack and what pads would be best with them?

Thanks, Eric

Stock setup should be just fine for street use. Are you having problems with stock brakes?

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
mine was warped and it look like the idiots at the ford dealership let the car sit on the rotors. but now i got power slot rotors and wagner pads. fells alot better compare to my old one and it stop much better( i tested it at an empty patch of street)

Last edited:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Red Shift said:
fade real bad on a 130mph de-cel
I did PowerSlot front rotors and ceramic (Posi Quiet) pads all the way around and it solved that problem. Lot less brake dust too.

YoungJim

Established Member
Have you had them bled? The only regret I have about having ABS is that it is such a pain in the ass to bleed properly.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
YoungJim said:
Have you had them bled? The only regret I have about having ABS is that it is such a pain in the ass to bleed properly.
I just bled mine the normal way. What are you supposed to do different with ABS?

YoungJim

Established Member
As long as you don't get any air into the ABS unit, nothing; its just a pain to bleed it because you need a dealer tool to make it work all its internals.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Torque your wheel lugs with a good wrench. I use 95-100 lb-ft. Whenever the shop pulls my wheels, when I get it back home I loosen then torque all of the lug nuts. Uneven tq can help warp rotors.

Also, properly lubing your brakes with high temp siliglide (I get mine from NAPA) will help because it allows the pads to back off and not drag on the rotor. Just a very small dab where the metal backing of the pads drag on the bracket and lube on the pin up top. DO NOT get any on the pad surface.

Always has worked for me.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Red Shift said:
Yes, they are slightly warped. They feel weak and fade real bad on a 130mph de-cel

Sounds like brake pad fade rather than a rotor problem. Upgrade to a better brake pad and have your rotors turned, it will feel like a whole different car.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread