brake problem

monday on the way home from work noticed a weird sound coming from the brakes. hit the brakes and when it was almost to a stop I heard a clicking sound that sounded like a lock clicking but a lot more forcefully, I could feel it in the brake pedal too.

also my brake pads were pretty thin so changed my brake pads on tuesday (with the help of my dad).

heard the noise again on wednesday, when i came to a stop.

any ideas on what this might be? getting on my damn nerves.

all 4 rotors have been turned and are at 13.4 mm...the limit is 12 mm so I'm good there. brand new pads ( i know it's not the pads because I had the same problem with the old pads).

KazooGS-T

Established Member
What you need to do is install the crossdrilled/slotted brake lines, I heard they help out wonders!

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Dude, you crack me up. I give it 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 before the wolves are in here raping your ass again.

Help us out here. What did the noise sound like? At least you got your dad to help you so it wouldn't take all day long.

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
When you did the brake job did you lube the caliper slide pins with moly based grease? If not you have to take it apart and do it.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Did you check the rears?

I had a noise coming from my brakes once which sounded like it was from the front. Couldn't figure it out until I finally determined it was really coming from the rear brakes.

Try yanking on the e-brake and see if it makes the noise.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Dude, you crack me up. I give it 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 before the wolves are in here raping your ass again.
The wolves should not rape anything as he asked a serious question in the appropriate forum.:bored:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Check for cracked rotors. Check again for warpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you did the brake job did you lube the caliper slide pins with moly based grease? If not you have to take it apart and do it.

no I did not.

Did you check the rears?

I had a noise coming from my brakes once which sounded like it was from the front. Couldn't figure it out until I finally determined it was really coming from the rear brakes.

Try yanking on the e-brake and see if it makes the noise.

ebrake is quiet, noise does sound like it is coming from the front, I can feel it in the brake pedal.

Check for cracked rotors. Check again for warpage.

rotors are good, they had slight warpage when I took them to get turned, but it was so minimal, the turning got the warpage out...according to the mechanic.

+1 - or maybe the anti-rattle clips are missing.

anti-rattle clips are all on and good.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
pulsation in the brakes is normally symptomatic of warping.
Have you had the hubs looked at for warping or bad bearings? if the rotors are good then you may have a more expensive problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Did you bed your new pads correctly? If you did not, you do not have warpage, you ave build up of material on the rotors.

On the clicking noise, was it just one click or a series of clicks as the wheel goes round and round?

Did you bed your new pads correctly? If you did not, you do not have warpage, you ave build up of material on the rotors.

On the clicking noise, was it just one click or a series of clicks as the wheel goes round and round?

yes i bedded the pads. there was nothing on the rotors, as they were just machined the same day i put new pads on. noise was doing it with the old pads and rotors before I turned them as well.

it's just one or two clicks. the ABS Sensors are all working fine, and the ABS kicks in if I slam on the brakes.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Not being a smart ass, but did you check for rocks in your wheel or somethign stupid like that ?

Users who are viewing this thread