brake problem

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
3 weeks after i got back from iraq, i notice my right front brake started to make a squeeky sound..upon inspection, my brake pads seems to be worn down so i changed them...went for a ride after and still making that squeeky sound, so i jacked up the car and see what was wrong, brake pads seems to be sticking on the rotor, so i decided to let the pros take care of it, later on i got the car back with new brake pads, went for a test drive once again and my car was still making that noise, i notified the shop so they took it for a drive and said it was fine and they didn't hear any noise coming from the brake, so once again i took it for a test drive, put it in neutral and still hears that noise from the brake, im jus so puzzled cause the shop told me it was good to go but its not....my guesses are either my rotors are warp or air in the brake lines found its way somehow....jus need you guys input on this, any advice would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Squeaking is just vibrations of metal on metal. Try putting some stop squeak on the back of the pads. I did that to mine and it helped a lot.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
+1 try the stop squeak stuff.

Alos check the dust shield. If it's rubbing on the rotor itself it'll cause some squeeking.

warped rotors, or air in the lines won't cause a squeak.

asiancobra

PSN: new_edge_cobra
Established Member
try both advice that were given above, my brake are still making noise, seems like theres no play between the brake pad and the rotor, all i can think of is wait until i break in the pads.........anybody else with some useful advice?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The brake pads will always have slight contact with the rotor. This minimizes timeframe between pedal down and applied frictional forces. it also keeps the pads at operating temperature.

Check your wheel bearings.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Lube your caliper pins on the fronts and the anti-rattle clips where the clips come in contact with the caliper on the fronts and rears with some caliper grease.

My rears were squeaking like hell and I lubed up those parts and put stop squeak on the back of the pads...now I'm squeak free!!!

Users who are viewing this thread