brake problem

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
So first off i replaced my brakes and removed the front calipers in the process to paint them. Then while i putting everything back together i broke one of the banjo bolts. Thats what i get for working on my car at 1 am after a 12 hour work day.

anyway the auto parts stores were no use so i had to go to ford. Ford first got me a bolt w/ course threads and a flanged head. My bolt has a big regular head 16 mm and fine threads. Then he tried the one for a 99 cobra and that bolt looks completely different. So then i called Tousely ford the vendor on this site and he said he thought he found it and he sent me that bolt from the 99 as well. well the threads work and i think it would be fine but Then i got that one crossthreaded somehow ( I was being really careful w/ it :shrug: )

So now im gonna take it to a machine shop and see if they can repair my threads. I have a feeling i need a new caliper so if i do i want the 10th anniversary calipers

So my question

can i get the 10th anniversary calipers cheaper from Tousley ford or 50 resto

What banjo bolts do they use??? The one on 50 resto site w/ the kit looks like the one my local ford dealer sent me first. flanged head w/ course threads

can i get SS braided lines from ford / ford racing

What all do i need to install this

If i install front ss lines do i have to have a dealer or soemone bleed my abs pump? because when you remove the calipers you have to plug that hole quick to not suck up air into the abs pump. So how do i replace that line while keeping the air out?

I want this kit but I want the SS braided lines
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-2300RR 1&comp=LRS

Users who are viewing this thread