brake problem???

bret

Established Member
i am not sure if it is EVERY time, but it seems like alot of the time when i hit the brakes around 45MPH (just to come to a stop for a light or a turn, not slamming them, but easing them on) i get a little squeek noise, almost like the noise u get when the rotors are coated in "rust" and u haven't driven in a while. anyone else get this? i barely have 6k on the truck... so what gives??

p.s. it went from 60F to 25F in 24hours... along with that we got 6' of snow... so she is back in the garage for a while...:cryying:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by bret
i am not sure if it is EVERY time, but it seems like alot of the time when i hit the brakes around 45MPH (just to come to a stop for a light or a turn, not slamming them, but easing them on) i get a little squeek noise, almost like the noise u get when the rotors are coated in "rust" and u haven't driven in a while. anyone else get this? i barely have 6k on the truck... so what gives??

p.s. it went from 60F to 25F in 24hours... along with that we got 6' of snow... so she is back in the garage for a while...:cryying:

I get that similar squeek just when I am about to stop, normally slowing down to a red light, with 15,000 miles on my 00 L.

I thought the pads needed changing although they seem to grip okay.

bret

Established Member
thanks man... i'd like to hear from a few more people... if a bunch of L's are having this problem, maybe it is something ford needs to look into...

also i just noticed i wrote 6 FEET of snow... ment 6 INCHES.

hambone

Established Member
I know what you mean, My 00 has done it since day one. Its been back to dealer twice,but like always they just throw parts at it!

TLight

Established Member
My 00 Lightning also has this problem. I only have 7,000 miles on it. Only when you lightly touch on the brakes. The dealership could not figure it out. So I took it to a brake shop that mostly just does brakes for sport cars and trucks. I have used them numerous times, and even they could not figure it out. Hopefully someone knows how to resolve this. :-?

RedFox

Established Member
Cheap pads. Go ceramic. It may also be a wax build-up. A few good brake stands should clear that up..

Users who are viewing this thread