Brake Problem..Just Me?

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by sqidd
The stock pads are horrible. I think they are made from a composit of wood and charcoal. I changed to a set of Hawk pads and Ta-Da, a wonderful braking expirence. I think I detached my retinas though. And as a bonus less brake dust.

Which Hawk pads did you use?

anteros511

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
I've had to do some really fast stopps from like 140-160 down to like 50, I had a couple times going 70, one real bad, going around an off ramp blind spot cause of trees..........

Only problem I have is my brakes squeal a little sometimes when I stop, and my brake give off lots of dust.

NeedForSpeed I'm curious how many miles are on your car as you say that... My brakes were fine and described as yours (dust & squeaking) up until about 4500-4900 miles BUT now at 5400 mi. my dash brake light comes on a LOT during braking only, and it doesn't even have to be to hard of a brake. I didn't think it affected braking power until the other night while I was going fast and had to brake hard seemed like there was loss of braking power. Now I'm starting to get concerned and losing confidence in the safety of the car! :-(

Users who are viewing this thread