Brake Pads

Gastrader1

Established Member
Has anyone had any experience using Carbotech Panther brake pads? XP10 fronts and XP8 rears. This would be for track use only.
Thanks
Brian

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
I've run Carbotech XP9 and XP8 (front/rear) for my last 6 events. Easier on the rotors than the Blues I had run before, pedal *felt* better, ect ect. I plan on running them up until I go to Stoptechs. One thing I did notice is I experienced much better braking with track tires vs street tires. Almost more brake than I had tire for when running my MX's, which is what I normally run.

S

Last edited:

BAD PNY

Established Member
Gastrader1 said:
Has anyone had any experience using Carbotech Panther brake pads? XP10 fronts and XP8 rears. This would be for track use only.
Thanks
Brian

Brian are you running R compound tires or street? That will depend on what Carbotech's you need. I am very familiar with them.

BAD PNY

Established Member
Brian you either want the 9-8 combo or 10-9. I really depends on your experience and how hard you drive. I have used both. The 10-9 really has alot of bite and could not be used without track tires. The 9-8 is also good just not as aggressive. I would probably try it 9-8 and see how you like it. It is very rotor friendly and rim friendly. HTH

Users who are viewing this thread