Brake Master Cylinder

JoeJ

Established Member
Man oh man,

I think I opened up a can of worms. I had Kenny Bumberas bleed my brake system and he found that the master cylinder was bad. Leaky valves in the cylinder which gave a spungy brake petal. Hmmm. I got a new complete master cylinder assembly from SVT which included the power booster. We installed the complete assembly today and found that the power booster on the new assembly is not working properly. As soon as you start the car and press on the brake, the petal goes to the floor and stays there. Unable to pick it back up.

I guess we will now change the power booster from the old assembly and install it on the new master cylinder. Wish me luck as I sure need some brakes before I go to RA. If anyone has some advice, I sure would appreciate it.

I sure hope no one else has this problem. I just need to get the car back on the track and out of my pocket book.

PS: I got the new two piece front Brembo rotors installed today. They sure look good.

:fm: :gt: :cryying:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Joe,
Hope you get it taken care of.

When are you heading out for Wisconsin? Keep in touch and be safe.

brian

JoeJ

Established Member
RA

Brian,

I am leaving for RA next Tuesday. Driving to Dallas, overnighting with a racing friend, and then we will caravan up. At least two from Dallas is coming and we should meet a couple more in Oklahoma City. Plan on getting to the track on Thursday afternoon, if everything goes as planned.

Sure looking forward to the trip.
Later,

Cobra-R

Established Member
Joe,
keep us posted on the latest happenings with your problem. If any of us can help in any way, just let us know. :D

We will get it worked out.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread