Brake lights

fastback289

Established Member
I have a problem with my brake lights. The 3rd brake light works perfect but the two rear brake lights don't work. The blinkers work and everything remains the same when the running lights are on. Any idea? Does anyone have the electrical schematics for the lights?

cobrakillinmach

Established Member
i have the same problem everything works but the brake lights i think it mght be the little computer that runs the lights its in the trunk on the driver side i may be wrong if you find anything out plz help ty

cobrakillinmach

Established Member
ok update for everyone that has this problem and are as confused as i am the problem was the multifunction switch (turn signal lever) the electronic siganal goes from the brake pedal switch travels to the multi functin switch and from there it is determaned weather to be a brake light or a blinker and if the switch burns out then it doesnt turn on the brake lights when applied, but the third brake light still works because that light pulls its power straight from the brake pedal switch and the running lights still work because there on a diffrent circut. this lever is very easy to repalce 5 minutes tops unlike chevy because fords steering wheel lock is in the key switch instead of in the turn signal switch like older cars. it was 80 bucks at advanced auto parts with a life time warranty

Users who are viewing this thread