"BRAKE" Light??

Today on the way to work I had to stop really hard (because of an idiot in front of me) and the emergency brake light came on?!?!?!?

Has anyone else experienced this? My car only has 10,000 on it!

:??:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
let dealer know of the problem. Maybe air in the brake system? I would flush out the system, refill.

Although - my brake light was coming on when I redlined 1st gear. I added a little brake fluid, light is gone. If the fluid is SLIGHLY low, it will trigger a light when gravity shifts the car hard.

Originally posted by Redfire Vert 03
Husband just checked it 2 weeks ago when the oil was changed and it was full?!?!?! Anything else that could be wrong?

RioRed4v

Established Member
Julie, mine does that also from time to time. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

I guess I'll look into checking the fluid on mine also, but I'm fairly sure it's full.

Cool, I'll check mine too....

I've also had a big problem ever since I got the car back in March with the brakes squeaking. I took it to Ford and they said it was "normal"

Funny, when I had my V6 the brakes never squeaked!

:rollseyes

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Cool, I'll check mine too....

I've also had a big problem ever since I got the car back in March with the brakes squeaking. I took it to Ford and they said it was "normal"

Funny, when I had my V6 the brakes never squeaked!

:rollseyes

The brakes both pads and rotors are not the same on a Cobra as a V6. The aggressive compound that helps to slow down the Cobra has the side effect of squealing.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
I had the same problem before. It has something to do with the amount of fluid in the system. The more fluid, the more it happens.

Replaced the pads and rotors, so some of my fluid had to be removed. Now I'm good to go. No more light.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove
The brakes both pads and rotors are not the same on a Cobra as a V6. The aggressive compound that helps to slow down the Cobra has the side effect of squealing.

Mine don't squeek at all. It's the slotted rotors that are cutting down on the noise. :thumbsup:

RioRed4v

Established Member
Well I looked at the fluid last night and it was a smidge low, I filled it to the line and haven't seen the light!

:thumbsup:

nice to hear.

guess its time to go pick up some brake fluid for me:thumbsup:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Mine flash when the ABS is working hard. I noticed this while pushing hard on a very crooked road with some wet spots. I could feel the ABS and the light was on during these times.

Users who are viewing this thread