brake issue

03svt01gt

Established Member
The rear right hand side inner pad on my car has been wearing pretty fast. I've replaced the pads in the rear twice in the past 4 months. Both times 3 of the pads were good except the right inner pad. Each time it was down to the metal and grinding away at the rotor. I've gotten new rotors and still same issue after the pad change. Should I look into maybe a new caliper or maybe a ebrake issue? Any help is appreciated as ill be getting new pads for that spot again tomorrow.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Something bent? stuck or it could be as simple as those little bushings the brake pads ride on getting gummed up. I'd do a thorough cleaning, check for operation (make sure the e-brake is adjusted) and try it again.

03svt01gt

Established Member
That be the first thing I check. My brother is a mechanic so I'm going to get him to change it this time. I've done plenty of brake changes before but maybe he will see something that I've missed. But thanks ill let you know what happens

03svt01gt

Established Member
Was the sliders. One side seemed to of come out of the grove. Ended up being crushed and I assumed stuck and kept the pad stuck against the rotor.

Users who are viewing this thread