Brake issue...

FrenchyZ

Established Member
I heard a noise while driving today and found out that a metal piece coming out of the brake was hitting my wheel. Here is a picture of the metal piece coming out slowly below. I slowly hit it with a hammer to have it flush like on the other front side and coming back from work it came out again a little just not as much. So obviously it won't stay in place...What is this piece for? Im guessing I need to take it in to have the brake removed and checked?

svtbrake.JPG

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
I think it's part of the caliper.I'd just hit up a junkyard and do it myself but yeah you should get it checked. Where in South Florida are you?

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
If you look carefully at the end of that metal piece you will see little TABS are are supposed to be bent up around the caliper housing to keep it from slipping (one of which looks like it will snap if you bend it back).

Most likely the issue on the inside of that clip.. Make sure the tabs are bent up properly. These come with brake pads when you do the change. Keeps the pads from rattling firms them in place.

FrenchyZ

Established Member
If you look carefully at the end of that metal piece you will see little TABS are are supposed to be bent up around the caliper housing to keep it from slipping (one of which looks like it will snap if you bend it back).

Most likely the issue on the inside of that clip.. Make sure the tabs are bent up properly. These come with brake pads when you do the change. Keeps the pads from rattling firms them in place.

Thank you. I will have someone pull the caliper apart today and have them check it. The mechanic also told me it has to be something on the inside. Because even if the tabs are bent back up at the end it still can slide out.

Users who are viewing this thread