Brake hardware kit for front

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
UPDATE to my thread

SUCCESS if you go to a NAPA parts store.
Just purchased it today after the posting. Stock number 83014 gets you the caliper pin, washer, retaining clip, and pad spring for $8.88 per wheel. I only needed the retaining clip for one wheel but playing it safe and replacing brake hardware for both front wheels.

If your replacing your front pads with aftermarket, suggest you visit Napa and get yourself the hardware kit.

Happen to see that Napa has a Serpentine tool on their shelf selling it for $67.50 and Sears has the same tool for only $29.99

Anyone have any luck with buying a replacement hardware for the front brakes?

Stock pads from Ford come supplied with the caliper pins, washers, and pin locking ring. Not worth paying $260 for the front pads from Ford when you can get Hawks for $90.

I installed Hawks and one of my caliper pin locking rings is worn unusable. I haven't had any luck at Autozone, O'reilly. Ford dealers don't have availability of just ordering the hardware kit or hardware parts.

Has anyone had any luck with getting replacement hardware when they didn't replace the stock pads with another set of stock pads? Where did you get it and what was the part numbers?

I was lucky getting the rear hardware kit at Autozone. Had them look in 98 Mustang GT and got the kit. All I needed was the metal stamping bracket to attach to the sides of the brake pads.

Last edited:

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
yes, go to a local car quest or napa. I had to get it for my 99 cobra a while ago. If for some reason you cannot find it anywhere PM me and I will go pick it up for you at the store where I got mine before and mail it to you.

Last edited:

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Didn't need it when I went to Md in July to attend Bowie HS reunion. I could have gotten with you.

I will try Napa next and see if I get lucky. I haveing looked at Pep Boys either. They don't have Car Quest in North Texas.

If I can't find them, the retaining lock pin is something small enough to stick in an envelope to mail to me. I let you know if I need a favor from you.

Users who are viewing this thread