Brake Fluid (Daily Driven Track Car)

CW1343

Established Member
I'm ordering the Remote Clutch Fluid reservoir, and would like to upgrade the brake fluid at the time of install. Looking for something a bit more performance oriented, with a higher boiling point. (DOT 4.. etc.?) I have however found this http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/MM-MOT77/Motul-Racing-Brake-Fluid . Not sure if there is anything better I should be considering. The car would be used at autocrosses, track days, and see a little daily driving. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Rich D

Large Member
Established Member
I run the RBF600 in my Mustang and my Lightning. It's good stuff, I've never had an issue with it.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I use Castrol SRF, but it's a little expensive. You can also use ATE fluid, but may require bleeding more often.

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Also... I've seen some conflicting answers. I'm going to flush my system and probably do a new clutch line at the same time. How much fluid do you need to have on hand before starting this project?

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I'd personally make sure that i have 2 bottles on hand (the larger size that's around a qrt).
Just to make sure you have enough, in case of the unexpected.

blownby

Established Member
Also... I've seen some conflicting answers. I'm going to flush my system and probably do a new clutch line at the same time. How much fluid do you need to have on hand before starting this project?

If you have regular brakes, you will want at least 2 for just flushing and adding new clutch line. I'd get 3 to be safe though.

I just put new Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on my brembo brake and added new ss lines, so lost most of the fluid in the calipers.
I needed like 1100ml or just a tad over 2 jars to flush and bleed.

So if your just flushing and redoing clutch line you will need 2 bottles for sure, but 3 on hand can't hurt

I also ordered from autoanything. cheap and quick ship!

Last edited:

SilverCoyote

Established Member
Sounds good thanks...!!.. I'm currently driving myself nuts with looking at the highest dry boiling points. I run Stainless Works long tube headers and I figure they are really heating that plastic clutch line up. I'm doing this mainly for clutch function, which I'm not completely happy with at the moment (T56 Magnum XL with RXT clutch). I just took the clutch spring off last night... awesome!!!!!. I'm still going to follow thru with new clutch line and brake fluid swap.

blownby

Established Member
yeah but wet falls all the way to 318*
and is only 12oz
But is good price for sure @$10

stop tech 600 has wet of 383* and is $17 for 500ml

so really not more expensive

Last edited:

bullet3z

Established Member
What is the best way to get the old fluid out and the new fluid in? I have been wanting to change mine but I want to make sure I do it right.

QuickHomestead

Established Member
I run stoptech fluid as well. I bought it at autoanything when they run there 20% sales. If you are changing your fluid it's super easy to swap out for speed bleeders while you are at it. Made it so much easier for future bleeding procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread