Brake ducting for Stoptech St60

GT350pwns

Established Member
I recently put a stoptech st60 BBK on my car. I am wondering if there is any out of the box options for a brake ducting kit or if I am going to have to get creative

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I recently put a stoptech st60 BBK on my car. I am wondering if there is any out of the box options for a brake ducting kit or if I am going to have to get creative

I got creative with my 6P Brembos. It's not hard, I literally bought everything I needed from Home Depot.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Do you have pics? I thought about doing the same, no way I'll pay $340 for ford racing kit.

Snapped these. Literally just some L brackets mounted to the actual bumper. Metal bands used to secure a 4"-3" reducer to the brackets. Zip tied the plumbing. Took a hole saw to the stock dust shield and did the same L bracket stuff. It's been on there for over 5000 miles now and has held up fine! Don't mind the duct tape. All the metal band ties are underneath it. Pics uploaded 90deg CCW.. sorry for that

A couple notes; make sure your tires have clearance at full steering lock, make sure you have enough ducting to reach at full lock, duct the air as close to the center of the brake rotor (the air will travel outward through the vanes in the rotor)

All of this cost me $80 from Home Depot and that was with some left over parts.

EDIT: Forgot to note that install takes about 4 hours... it doesn't seem like much at all but once you actually get into all of the measuring, measuring again, and drilling, it takes a while. You will need to take off your front bumper cover, front wheels, calipers, then rotors. You can leave the dust shield cover on the car while you use the hole saw.

IMG_5183.JPG
IMG_5184.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG

Last edited:

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Thanks for that, Kevin!

So not a bit of durability issue with the plumbing?

Nope, I've had it on there and I've taken it up to 150 before. Also, I've jammed a leaf blower right up against it to see if the plumbing would be okay and it has been. I believe the leaf blower pushes air at around 250-300ish... much faster than I'll ever go haha

GT350pwns

Established Member
Is it just regular furnace ducting? Sorry for the 20 questions I think I am going to make this a project in the next couple of weeks.

Really appreciate you taking the time.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Is it just regular furnace ducting? Sorry for the 20 questions I think I am going to make this a project in the next couple of weeks.

Really appreciate you taking the time.

Im not exactly sure what kind of ducting it is but I found it in the HVAC section at Home Depot along with the reducer. No problem.

Thanks for the write up Kevin! I will do this when I install my brembo's.

Sure thing!

GT350pwns

Established Member
Last question and I think I can run with it! Do you happen to have measurements for how much ducting on either side or did you just trim down as you went?

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Last question and I think I can run with it! Do you happen to have measurements for how much ducting on either side or did you just trim down as you went?

Ask away boss! I just trimmed it as I went along which is what I'd advise anyone to do since you guys might end up tying it differently than me.

Users who are viewing this thread