Brake calipers for Lincoln Rear End?

jamessims

Established Member
I have a Lincoln rear end under my 91 notch and need new brake calipers does anyone know of a company that makes some that will fit or do I just need to buy stock replacements? I would really like to get a cobra set or some like them with the spring return for the emergency brakes If they make a set that fits... The original lincoln ones don't have that on them.... Thanks

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.036764,-95.426807

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Assuming it's a from a Mark VII, I would just stock calipers, and invest in nice rotors and pads. Marks had better rear brakes than any other fox minus the Turbo coupes and svos.
If you don't mind swapping stuff, I believe SN95 stuff fits, but don't quote me on that.
But the stock replacements are like $25 per side, so it's not bad.

bossman302

Banned
arent the Mark axles Longer than the SN? I know the 93R runs the 91/92 LSC rear brakes. and those axels are actually 1 inch longer than a SN axle. If you look at a 93R, the rear wheel sticks out past the quarter panel about 1/4 inch, and that is using a 94 GT Tribar that is a 17/8. I would say find some sn-95 rears and go that route, you will have more luck finding wheels that fit'

jamessims

Established Member
Yes I do believe your right I am running with 99 cobra brake/rotor setup with a mark rear with 99 cobra rims... It's treated well so far and it evens out the car perfectly...no wider front end then the rear... I just need a caliper replacement because they need a rebuild and was just wondering if anyone had the same rear and if they where running performance calipers and where I could find them I have not had much luck.... I think I will just order some stock replacements so I can get my emergency brake to fully engage..

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.036784,-95.427067

Users who are viewing this thread